Case Studies

Developed a Marketing Program

 

Project Goal

A leading fixture manufacturer for retail stores developed a new fixture that could expand and contract adjusting to accommodate a customer’s needs. They were not sure of the best approach to selling this new concept to retailers The client developed a new product but not sure of its application within a store. They were having a difficult time getting the fixture in front of potential customers, even their current customers were not interested. All their current customers purchased basic commodity-type fixtures, so it seemed there was little or no interest in this fixture. It was difficult to explain how it worked without seeing the fixture. The client shared this problem with me, and I saw a big opportunity for this fixture.

 

Solution

Recommended Solution Utilizing a multi-phased approach that involved primary research, observing customer behavior, and identifying opportunities for this fixture within retail stores. Once those opportunities were identified we worked with the team to develop a video demonstrating how this fixture could expand and collapse.

 

Using actual merchandise within a store, we demonstrated how a retailer could effectively use this fixture.  A PowerPoint presentation was created for each retailer whom the fixture was presented to showing their merchandise on the fixture in both a contracted and expanded version. We also developed a brochure as a leave behind for the retailer. The

 

Outcome

The retailers were excited about the concept and how they could use this fixture. Tests were implemented in several retailers before making a large-scale commitment. Retailers found the new fixture to be a time saver and easy to use. We monitored the results, made some slight modifications to the fixtures, and then began rolling it out as purchased. The end results were positive sales for the fixture manufacturer (+10%).

 

An Online Startup Needed Help to Bring Ideas to Market

 

Project Goal

A startup company had an idea of a new business but was not sure of all of the various areas that were needed to move the business toward launching. He had developed a new product and had already conducted some consumer tests on it. From his testing, he had refined the product. Now that he felt positive about what he would offer, he needed help to develop a business plan, creating his website, developing an investor's PowerPoint presentation, developing a marketing plan, social media, logistics of shipping the product, and hiring a team.

 

Solution

We first identified all of the major areas that needed to be addressed. Then we developed tactics for each area with a timeline. A financial plan was developed and he began to secure investors. We also looked at all competitors that he believed were direct competitors and then those who were secondary competitors. From this analysis, we identified several keywords that would be important for attracting his target customer. Keywords were further analyzed using keyword analysis. Google Trends was also used to help us identify what consumers are looking for in their search. Next, we began to identify key components that would be needed for the ideal website. All pages were laid out strategically using the keywords. He secured someone to create the website. After packaging and shipping were secured, we started to post for the key positions he would need to run a skeleton crew to launch the business. A marketing plan was also developed to coincide with the launch date. This included all social media, grassroots efforts, and press releases.

 

Outcome

We had a successful launch. The marketing plan was implemented and customers began to purchase his product. Within the first two weeks, he was on plan. After two months he had to increase production as he was exceeding the plan by 17%.